Sunday, November 11, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake


Is it just me or does anyone else think about the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" anytime bundt cakes come up?  Maybe that's why I rarely make these "cakes with a hole in them."



My friend refers to her side of the family as the Bundt cake side, relative to her in-laws, who are louder and a bit crazier.  This is kind of how I feel about my family sometimes.  My in-laws definitely have their idiosyncrasies.  But in my family, confusion (and occasionally chaos) reigns, despite the fact that there is an excessive flow of information.  Everyone is in everyone's business.  But no one knows what is going on.  

So, when R's parents made the trip to Ottawa to meet their new granddaughter, my mind kept going to making them a bundt cake. I still had a bunch of bananas, so I decided to make a banana chocolate chip bundt cake.  

Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake


     Ingredients

1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
3 large ripe bananas
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. chopped nuts
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla


Instructions

In large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and beat until lighter in color. Set aside. Next, sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder and add nuts, set this aside also. Cream together milk, mashed banana, and vanilla. Add chocolate chips and stir in. Add creamed banana mix alternately with flour mix to your first mixture of butter, sugar and eggs. Scrape into greased, floured bundt pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan.


Sift a few tablespoons of powdered sugar onto cake top.


Verdict: Tasted great -- particularly when warm.

StumbleUpon

1 comment:

That Girl said...

I think I can safely say I have never thought of My Big Fat Greek Wedding when making or serving bundt cake!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark