Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cranberry Sauce



I never love cranberry sauce or jelly out of a tin. It's just not as flavourful as home made. And why wouldn't you make home made - it's just so easy and supports our local cranberry farmers.

I happened to be following Johnston Cranberries on Twitter (@CranberryFarmer) and saw a recent marketing video for his farm. Many thanks to Jake Thomas of Riley_Lake_Productions (@RileyLakeFilmTV on Twitter) for allowing us to share this wonderful video about cranberry production on the Johnston Cranberry Farm.



1 pkg (12oz) fresh cranberries
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup sugar

In a medium saucepan stir together orange juice and sugar. Add cranberries and cook on medium heat, stirring often for about 15 minutes. Cranberries will start to pop and soften. Remove from heat and allow to cool.

I can't even share a finished product with you - it was all gone before I could even get a photograph.
StumbleUpon

4 comments:

That Girl said...

My husband LOVES cranberry sauce from a can. We actually just had some the other night because he enjoys it so much. I like the fresh stuff better because you can do more with it.

kat said...

We always make our own cranberry relish that has similar ingredients to this but isn't cooked, just chopped & then we add a little horseradish....so good on a leftover turkey sandwich

giz said...

Kat - that sounds wonderful, do you have the recipe on your blog?

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Just yesterday I bought 4 pachages of cranberries on sale for those baked goods when cranberries are no longer available. I don't want to be left high and dry like
past years. Now it is certainly news to me that they grow cranberries in Ontario, but I can envision them all over the Muskokas.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark