Friday, December 3, 2010

Knitting Update


Just a quick break from regular food blogging...
**********************************************************************************
There's nothing like the birth of a friend's baby to motivate you to finish that knitting project you had in mind as a baby gift. In this case, the motivation to finish the project was even stronger since the sizing is meant for a 3-6 months old.

This pattern comes from Close Knit in Stratford, Ontario.

A big THANK YOU goes to Janette at Close Knit for helping me out with some questions about the pattern. You know you're dealing with a patient person when she is willing to exchange multiple emails with a person in a different city, knit a portion of the pattern, take pictures and send them to a complete stranger. Makes me want to go back to Stratford, just to visit the knitting store.





Next up is a shawl pattern I saw at Close Knit. You can find the pattern here. I'm switching things up a bit and am going with a thicker wool that I got while in Cape Breton from Bellemeade Farm. I really hope I have enough wool! This could be a hard lesson to learn since it would be nearly impossible to match the hand-dyed wool.


StumbleUpon

4 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

My mom knitted little booties, hats, gloves and sweaters in almost every colour for L'il Burnt Toast, her first grandbaby. That is one lucky little baby this pattern is so cute.

kat said...

Love that baby yarn, such a joy to knit with. The yarn for the shawl is gorgeous!

Happily Losin' It said...

Adorable! You have become a wonderful knitter. I am in awe!

Hopie said...

Oh so cute!! Nice job. I love knitting baby stuff because it doesn't take long and you get a real sense of satisfaction. That shawl wool looks wonderful. Can't wait to see the finished piece!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
Share/Bookmark